Why we oppose the legislation
A more detailed case is given on the following pages:
- The claims the Government and other supporters made in the media are spin rather than fact
- The justifications given in official Government documents don’t stand up to scrutiny
- The legislation in all likelihood will have serious unintended consequences
- The legislation as a whole is shot through with hypocrisy
- The legislation is likely to breach the European Convention on Human Rights and the
Human Rights Act, according to Rabinder Singh QC.