Backlash supports the right to consensual adult human pornography; but does not condone all the forms or means of production of pornography.
Backlash encourages a broader debate on the nature and role of pornography.
Specific arguments for the repeal of Section 63 of the Criminal justice and Immigration Act 2008
- Right to privacy.
- Right to freedom of expression.
- Right to fantasy.
- No defence of consent in the legislation.
- Current legislation is not harm-based.
- Current legislation is not evidence-based.
- Current legislation criminalises the consumer not the manufacturer.
- Current legislation criminalises the representation of acts which are legal in themselves.
- Current legislation is uncertain and consumers cannot know what activities may be deemed extreme.
- Current legislation puts consensual adult sexual acts on the same par as bestiality and necrophilia.
- Current legislation dilutes the effectiveness of the sex offenders’ register by placing the viewer of consenting adult sexual activities next to child sex offenders.